As an eligible employee, you are offered affordable, high quality health plans through the State Health Benefit Plan. From HMO’s, HRA or High Deductible plans, there’s something for everyone. In the area below, you have tools and resources to help you learn, compare and select the various options available. Don’t forget, your plan now includes a Telemedicine benefit!
DECISION GUIDE, SUMMARY, RATES AND INFORMATION
2023 Plan Year
If SHBP does not receive an election from you through the website, or by contacting SHBP Member Services, you have made a decision to take the default coverage below:
- Currently Enrolled in a SHBP Commercial Plan Option : If you are enrolled in a Commercial Option, you will remain in your current Plan Option and Tier with your current Medical Claims Administrator.
- Currently Enrolled in TRICARE Supplement: If you are enrolled in the TRICARE Supplement, you will remain enrolled in the TRICARE Supplement.
- NOTE: If you paid a Tobacco Surcharge, it will continue to apply. If you did not pay a Tobacco Surcharge, you will not pay one if you default coverage.
Reset your ADP Password through https://myshbpga.adp.com/shbp/
Review your State Health Benefits through myshbpga.adp.com/shbp/ or 800-610-1863
ENROLLMENT FOR MEDICAL THROUGH ADP
Due to expected heavy call volume and online traffic, SHBP strongly encourages all members to:
- Confirm your access to the enrollment portal in advance of the Open Enrollment (OE) election start date, and
- Make your election early.
You must bring your User ID and Password for the Benefits Counselor to assist you with SHBP enrollment
Telemedicine is available for all SHBP members (active and retirees), and their covered dependents. Telemedicine allows health care professionals to evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients using telecommunication technology. Through the medical claims administrator administering your chosen SHBP Plan Option, you will be able to see and talk to a participating provider from your mobile device, tablet, or computer with a webcam while at home, work, or on the go.
Surviving Spouse/Adding New Born – members will have 31 days before or after a qualifying event to add a dependent (90 days for a newborn).
GENERIC DRUG SAVINGS INFORMATION
Many brand name drugs are coming off of patent protection and generic drugs at significant savings are available. The two links below provide information on the generic availability and potential savings.
STATE HEALTH BENEFIT PLAN
https://shbp.georgia.gov/ – Decision Guides and Information. Enrollment is through the ADP Website.
PROVIDERS AND PLAN OPTIONS
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA):
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
Medicare Advantage (standard and premium)
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) for SHBP members who live or work in the 27 county metro Atlanta service area. Included is the Prescription Plan.
WELLNESS PROVIDER: SHARECARE
PRESCRIPTION PROVIDER: CVSCAREMARK
2023 Drug Lists
- 2023 Georgia State Health Benefit Plan Preferred Drug List
- 2023 State Health Benefit Plan Co-payment/Co-Insurance Waiver Medication List
- 2023 Retail 90 Pharmacies in Georgia by Alphabet
PEACHCARE FOR KIDS
PeachCare include dental, vision and health insurance at low premiums and low co-payments.
Employees may complete an application on-line or may call and request a paper application be mailed to them by calling PeachCare.
Employees should not drop children from the State Health Benefit Plan until they receive notice of coverage from PeachCare.
Available to SHBP eligible individuals who are also eligible for TRICARE, the military health benefit program.
No Split Option – Everyone covered under the contract must be in Tricare
DEERS Number – Members must provide a Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) number.